The Piecemaker for Joomla – Documentation

Hello Friends, thanks for downloading The Piecemaker 3d flash image gallery joomla module.

It’s made very easy to use, you just have to give your image paths and descriptions for images, and rest will be done by module itself. Cool, istn’t it?

Still some documentation is required to better utilize the module. Here we go.

Following snapshot explains you how you can add image and it’s description to gallery.

For description, you can use simple html tags as explained below.

<headline></headline>
<break>Ӂ</break>
<inlilne></inline>
<paragraph></paragraph>
<a href="http://www.hyperlink.com/" target="_blank">hyperlinks</a>

Example Code is as per below

<headline>Description Text</headline><break>Ӂ</break><paragraph>Here you can add a description text for every single image.</paragraph><break>Ӂ</break><inline>This is HTML text loaded from the external XML file and formatted with an external CSS file. So it's pretty simple to set this text. You can also easily add</inline><a href="http://www.modularweb.net/piecemaker" target="_blank">Ӂhyperlinks</a><paragraph>. This one leads you to the official Piecemaker website, by the way.</paragraph>

Please note that don’t use line break in between description of a particular image. The strange character (Ӂ) is required to add break and space between inline character.

This all tags style is defined in \mod_the_piecemaker\banner\xml\piecemakerCSS.css

You can change its style to meet your taste and requirements.

Below image are global parameters for The Piecemaker 3d flash image gallery module for joomla. Most important parameters are width and height. Its preferable you use all images of equal size and set width and height as per below image. All other parameters have good description so you can just read and understand what they stand for.

Set width and height to that of image

If you still have any queries or suggestions, drop email at vareen@in.com.

Enjoy The Piecemaker!!!

Tags: , , , ,

115 Responses to “The Piecemaker for Joomla – Documentation”

1. anarresti
    November 22, 2011 at 7:17 pm #

LOL, I haven´t see the parameter for shadow! Don´t ak previous msg, and thanks again!

2. anarresti
    November 22, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Hi Neerav! Funny and nice module! Easy to install and use! It worked fine from first attempt. A question: the shadow under the box that i can see on demo. Is it part of the piecemaker? I don´t see it at my site. Anyway, great! And a good name. Tahnks!

3. Cyndee
    August 16, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

Please disregard my question above. Problem solved. I was doing everything right but I needed to close down my browser for my changes to take effect.

4. Cyndee
    August 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

Hi Nereav,

Love this gallery and have read through all of the Q&A’s above but I’m still struggling to get my pictures to display.

I am updating the module > Basic Options > Image box with the below path where my images are stored in the website Media Manager under a folder called “vanities”:

images/vanities/boston 900 vanity.jpg
    images/vanities/carra vanity.jpg
    images/vanities/quartz 900.jpg

The images that are displaying are your original images that are stored on the ftp server under modules/mod_the_piecemaker/banner/content/images/image1.jpg(which I could replace there, but I’m wanting to have the images in the Media Manager folder so that it is easier to update/add each time.

Would appreciate if you could advise what I’m doing wrong here? Thanks so much for your help.

5. w2kd
    July 3, 2011 at 11:41 pm #

I have an issue with a white line appearing on the left of the images. As the background is blank this is showing up. It appear to be within the flash as I have tried to change margin etc with no effect?

Great Module.

July 6, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

Hi,

It seems you have not configured size of module properly. Set it exactly as your image size and and reset cache, that will solve your problem.

Cheers,

• w2kd
        July 25, 2011 at 1:34 am #

My first comment was meant to say “Black” background.
        Have tried uninstalling and re-installing and have set the module size to the exact dimensions of the images ( all images are the same) but still get the white line on the right of the image.

• w2kd
        July 26, 2011 at 11:57 pm #

Just did an experiment with the size of the module. If I set the image and modules to the same size as your demo then there is no white line on the Left. But when I set the width to 959 then I get the issue.

6. Nikola
    March 26, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

Hi Neerav,

first i would like to point out that i have never seen such dedication in maintaining good technical support and connection with your users. Great work man, honestly.

Now onto the the questions.
    Is there a way i could integrate the piecemaker into an article? To be more precise, idea is to have a description of a restaurant as a main topic in article, and after the text there should be this module as a slideshow containing taken pictures of the restaurant. If you could help me out with this, or just make a suggestion, that would be great.

And one more thing. How can i change the size of the whole flash content in this module (so no just the image holder which is 560×374 by the default, but the whole size of the slideshow which is 710×524)?

Keep up the good work, all the best to you!

7. marek
    December 13, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

hi,
    can i add polish characters to piecemaker modul? How can i change it? or maybe i can change the text into an image?
    thanks in advance for help
    marek

December 22, 2010 at 7:44 pm #

Hi Mark,

Polish character is not supported now.

Regards,

8. Moe
    December 10, 2010 at 4:32 am #

Hi Neerav, I see you are taking the time to answer each of every question people ask and I really respect that. I just downloaded the piecemaker and was wondering if there’s any way to use divs instead of images for the content of the gallery. Or maybe adding some kind of links within each image, to make it more interactive. I hope I made myself clear.

Keep up the good work and greetings from Argentina!

December 12, 2010 at 4:21 pm #

Hi Moe,

It sometimes take time to answer questions as it comes second after my freelancing work, sorry to all for this.

Its not possible what you are looking for at this stage.

Greeting to Argentina :). I am a big fan of Argentina football team.

Cheers,

9. Brian Arimoto
    December 9, 2010 at 8:39 pm #

Hi Neerav,

I have the piecemaker module working with the images but every time I try to edit the text, the Flash portion of the module disappears. The dark shadow image below the “moving cube” is still there but the cube itself disappears. Do you know what could be causing this? Also, I noticed the “i” button does not appear on my last image and I would like to add that plus the accompanying text for that as well.

Thanks,
    Brian

December 12, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

Hi Brian,

Possible cause could be wrong tag in text your are using as description. Please make sure you use only available tags in description.

Cheers,

• Brian Arimoto
        December 14, 2010 at 1:28 am #

Hi Neerav,

Thank you very much for the reply. I am not sure what you mean by “tag”. I only removed your sample text and replaced it with my own using standard alphanumeric characters. For example, on the first slide the default title is “Description 1″. I wanted to test out the module so the only change I made was deleting “Description 1″ and changed it to read “Beauty” and the problem occurred. It seems to be a cache problem.

For now I have removed the text and it seems to have fixed the image portion of the module but it would be nice to be able to use the text part in the future.

Thanks,
        Brian

10. cris
    December 5, 2010 at 9:07 am #

Hola, me gustó mucho tu modulo y lo instalé en mi página pero me ha surgido un problema y por más que lo he intentado no puedo solucionarlo.
    El modulo aparece en mi pagina y muestra las imagenes que tiene predefinidas, pero no consigo que me coja las mias, siempre aparecen las de ejemplo. He intentado sustituirlas con las mias poniendoles el mismo nombre, pero siguen apareciendo. Me podrias ayudar?? Gracias

December 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

Hi Cris,

Perhaps you are not checking Reset Cache parameter.

Alternatively, Use different image name then default to overcome cache related issues.

If this does not solve your issue, post module generated xml file.

Regards,

11. Avia
    December 2, 2010 at 11:26 am #

Hi!

I’m trying to change the pictures for quite some time, and already tired every thing you suggested above, but still, with no success…

I’ve tried to change the XMl,and on the backend- I’ve tried relative URLs and Absolute, but nothing helps!

Please Help! :(

Thanks
    Avia

December 6, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

Hi Avia,

Since you already have tried everything, only thing I can say is please provide link where you are using this module to let me investigate further.

Regards,

12. Stoneygirl
    December 1, 2010 at 2:34 pm #

Hi
    I am very new to Joomla. I installed the piecemaker on my site and when I go to the front end to see it, the title is there and an empty module where the piecemaker is supposed to be.

What have I done?

Any help would be great!

December 6, 2010 at 4:49 pm #

Hi,

It indicated image path related issue. Please make sure you use image from your own domain and provide relative path starting from your joomla installation root.

Thanks,

13. Shoeib
    November 28, 2010 at 11:51 am #

Man why did u skip my message? I was waiting 10 days for u to reply and now this?!

I used to see a welcome message at the beginning. How can I get it back to how it was?
    thnx

November 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

Hi Shoeib,

Extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Welcome message is only available with ‘no shadow’ version, if you set it to ‘no shadow’ you will see welcome message else loading first image message will be displayed.

Regards,

14. Mike
    November 23, 2010 at 9:19 am #

I have the same Problem as Patt. Maybe its an Problem with newest Version off Joomla?

15. Patt
    November 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm #

Hi Neerav,

module looks really nice! I was looking for such…

I wasn’t able to use it though… :(

Installation went OK.
    Setting default SWF object (with 5 pics) on my website also OK (viewable and operational).

I cannot change the pics however…
    Tried many things – replaced original imageX.jpg with new ones, changed path to pics to others, changed every module dirs/files permissions to 777, Rebuild Cache set to ‘yes’ each time… no result.
    When I remove default SWF object it also does not rebuild it.

Pity. I liked your module, but will have to look for some replacement now :(

November 24, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

Hi Patt,

It seems you have problem in descriptions of the image.

Can you provide xml file, that is generated by module if fixing description does not solve your issue.

Regards,

16. Shoeib
    November 13, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

Hi,
    The problem with the template is solved now and the piecmaker is displayed but it used to give a welcoem message at the begining but now it says: loading first image.
    can get it back to how it was?

Thnx

17. Will Koch
    November 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

Hi Neerav,

very nice module, thank you very much for that work. Is there any possibility to remove the “welcome” before the first image shows up. Can’t you change this to something like “Loading gallery” or something like that?

Will

November 11, 2010 at 2:31 pm #

Hey Will,

That’s not possible at this stage.

Regards,

18. Shoeib
    November 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

BTW I noticed that I only have this problem on a template called blackpipes.
    There is also an error in IE saying “swfobject is unidentified”.

Any help on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

November 11, 2010 at 2:32 pm #

Hi Shoeib,

That means you have javascript error on your template. You have to identify and fix that.

Cheers,

19. Shoeib
    November 9, 2010 at 10:33 am #

Hi,
    I installed this great module but it give me an error saying I need flash player 9+ to play this! But I have Flash Player 10 installed.

Checked it on several other PCs too but no joy.

What can be the problem?

Thnx

20. vero
    November 6, 2010 at 10:39 am #

Hello and thank you for this great module.
    it works very well but I wish there have less space between the module and the text below.
    I understand it needs space for animation but this space is too big.
    in which file can I change this?

November 7, 2010 at 10:29 am #

Hi Vero,

You can find code inside this file mod_the_piecemaker.php

Thanks,

21. Patrick
    November 5, 2010 at 5:26 pm #

Hello,

Sorry to be a pain, but i too have issues with images loading. I have read and followed the trail above, but still no success :(
    A superb pluggin you made, would love to use it.
    i see a shadow but thats it at this stage.Iam out of ideas.

November 7, 2010 at 10:31 am #

Hi Patrick,

Many have noticed issue like you, have you gone through suggestions for them?

Can you provide URL where you are using this module?

Regards,

22. Kyle Hess
    October 22, 2010 at 10:27 pm #

First off, I absolutely love this module from looking at the demo. I’d love to have it on my page but after 6 hours, I’m still unsuccessful. I uploaded it correctly…changed the position to something different…placed it in the article using {loadposition content1}…rebuild cache set to “yes”….and I’m currently leaving the default images just to see if I can get it to work and it still will not work. It’s just blank. Am I missing any steps?

-Kyle

October 23, 2010 at 4:38 pm #

Hi Kyle,

Glad that you like it. Don’t worry, You will have it on your site too :).

Make sure you have ‘\modules\mod_the_piecemaker\banner\xml’ directory writable, as this is where slideshow configuration xml file will be created.

Use relative URL of image only.

Hope this helps.

Let me know, If you need further assistance.

Thanks,

23. Triggerman
    October 21, 2010 at 8:14 pm #

I am having an issue with the images aligning right. I tried changing site templates and also different module positions but the images keep aligning right and cutting part of the image off. I made sure image and module setting is same width.

Any advice?

October 23, 2010 at 4:50 pm #

Hi Triggerman,

Not sure. Can you give me URL where you are using this module and/or post image of output somewhere?

Thanks,

24. Alexandros Karras
    October 16, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

Hi,
    i am developing a site for a friend of mine (still in localhost so there is no website url yet) and i used your module which i found very usefull and easy to work with. I have a question though, does it have greek character support.? When i use greek characters in the xml file to describe an image i get nothing in the front end..the xml file is in utf-8 format by the way.

thanx in advance
    best regards
    Alexandros Karras

October 16, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

Hey Alexandros,

Sorry but there is no support for greek character at this stage.

Regards,

25. pankaj
    October 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Hi neerav
    Thanks for reply. But I am still very fadeup. Please help me.

I am following these steps in joomla 1.5
    Extentions- install/unistall- the_peacemaker- enable- rebuild Cacche- yes. With this process module it is showing on home page but showing blank, movie is not loading

I follow second process
    Extentions- install/unistall- the_peacemaker- enable- rebuild Cacche- yes- give absulute path in image box- http://www.lipa.co.in/forum/modules/mod_the_piecemaker/banner/content/images/image1.jpg

It is nice module. I want to use anyhow. Please contact me on 09899000767 for live instructions to me to use this module. or please give me your contact no to take guidelines from you.

October 15, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

Hi Pankaj,

Can you provide URL where you are trying to use this module?

If possible, Please submit administrator login details via contact form on this site so I can test it further.

Thanks,